The Urban Dog Dog Daycare is Edmontonian's favourite Dog Daycare & Boarding Facility. You needn’t go any further than The Urban Dog for all of your doggie needs. We are your one-stop shop facility including dog daycare, boarding, grooming, training and rehabilitation. Your dog’s home away from home here in the city. Come for a day of daycare or stay for a week! Keep an eye out for our ongoing monthly specials and draws! Come for a visit, stay for the fun!!
BENEFITS OF DAYCARE AT THE URBAN DOG
* Drop your dog off for a full day of fun, frolic and a little schooling tossed in for good measure. We at The Urban Dog will work with any issues you may have with your dog at home or out and about ie: jumping, barking, dominance, socialization. We work with you to bring harmony and balance to your pups. As the saying goes, it takes a village.
* We match dogs for play according to temperament, play style and energy, so you never have to worry about your dog’s safety.
* They learn terrific socialization skills with the other dogs while here.
* Dogs with excess energy get to have a proper treadmill walk (at their own proper natural pace) before playing in the off leash supervised daycare area.
* We have swimming pools outside for them to enjoy, and portable cots they can lay on to suntan or relax on, both inside and outside.
* Everyone at The Urban Dog is Pet First Aid Certified.
* We are very strict on cleanliness and hygiene and we also support the environment by using only eco-friendly, pet-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products.
* We are open Monday to Friday 6:30am-7:00pm to serve you.
BENEFITS OF BOARDING AT THE URBAN DOG
* 24 hour supervision
* All inclusive holiday for your pet – overnight boarding includes lots of daycare play during the days
* Fully integrated – your dog will be with other dogs the whole time – they are not separated into ‘dog run’ style of boarding
* Consistency with your at home routine – if your pup sleeps in their crate at home, we will crate them, if they sleep on their bed crate-free, we have them sleep on their bed crate-free - whatever they are used to at home, including lots of cuddles and love.
* Located 10 minutes north of West Edmonton Mall & 1 block north of the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel West & Staybridge Suites West Edmonton.
* $41 per night, 2nd & 3rd dog receives 10% discount
* Ask us about longer term stay discounts (10 or more nights)
* Please note: If you are dropping off or picking up on the weekend or a holiday day, our weekend and holiday day pick up and drop off hours are 8:00am-11:00am and 4:30pm-6:00pm.
"Daycare & Train" Program
"Daycare & Train" Program
BENEFITS OF TRAINING AT THE URBAN DOG
At The Urban Dog, you will learn:
* a no-treat training method – we will teach you how to communicate with your dog in their language - energy and body language, to bring harmony and balance into your lives.
In Module 1 you will learn:
* How to become the one your dog looks to for guidance and instruction.
* The proper way to walk your dog.
* The standard obedience commands of sit, down, stay, come and finish.
* How to address and rehabilitate any behavioral issues your dog may have.
* Module 1 is a 4 week 'daycare & train' program consisting of a weekly one on one session once a week for four consecutive weeks with the family, and your choice of 2x or 3x a week for your dog to train while at daycare. For more information, please call or email us.
In Module 2 you will learn:
* how to take your Module 1 skills to a whole new level
* off leash heeling
* how to work with your dog without using a word, by using only hand signals for all of the standard commands from Module 1.
* introducing the silent whistle for recall.
* “out-of-sight” sit-stays and down-stays.
* Module 2 is a 6 week training course, one hour per class, once a week for six consecutive weeks. Cost is $185.00 +gst and includes a free day of daycare the day of classes. Classes are taught outside weather permitting, in a group setting.
BENEFITING SPA TREATMENTS AT THE URBAN DOG
BATH & TIDY: includes a wonderful rejuvenating bath with organic bathing products, blow dry, brush out, nails.
FURMINATOR: great for spring/fall or whenever your dog is shedding/blowing their undercoats. If you are tired of vacuuming hair on a daily basis, this is for you. This de-shedding treatment helps lift that shedding undercoat out and off your pup, so they stay cooler, healthier and happier.
This treatment includes bath and brush out using our special de-shedding technique to reduce shedding up to 70%. Complimentary nail trim is included with this treatment.
BRUSH OUT: Not shedding too bad and just need a bit of a brush out? Our brush out sessions include 15 minutes of blissful brushing, leaving your dog relaxed yet rejuvenated and looking great!
NAILS: we offer a wonderful nail trimming (mani and pedi) treatment.
MASSAGE THERAPY: Want to treat your dog to a full body massage? We offer massage therapy sessions for your puppers ranging from simple relaxation to rehabilitation massage. Our sessions include one hour of wonderful relaxation/therapeutic massage. Massage is a great preventative therapy. It can also assist in helping shy dogs come out of their shells. Canine massage can improve blood flow (circulation), alleviate stress and anxiety, reduce pain, relax tight and sore muscles, and help heal sprains and strains. In addition, many believe it also strengthens the immune system, improves digestion, and lowers blood pressure.
*Our therapist graduated from NWSAM Small Animal Massage program in 2006 and graduated from Grant McEwan Massage Therapy Program in 1989 (human massage) and is trained in relaxation, therapeutic/deep tissue massage, trigger point therapy, myofascial (connective tissue) release and reiki.
* WE ALWAYS HAVE ONGOING SPA SPECIALS, CONTACT US TODAY TO HEAR OUR OFFERINGS*
* We ask that you please book at least 24 hours in advance, we also know life can get in the way - if you are in need of same day treatment, please call before 9:00am and we will do our best to accommodate you and your pup.