“Module 1 class was excellent even for my dog who already knew basic commands. It has helped immensely for behaviour issues and I learned so much about me, my dog and our relationship.” - Kelly W, Stony Plain
“What I found most beneficial was understanding my dog’s body language. A great learning environment for you and your dog.” - Brent H, Sherwood Park
Dog Training Classes
At The Urban Dog, we will teach you:
- a no-treat training method - we build respect by becoming a strong pack leader.
In Module 1 we will teach you:
- How to become your dog’s pack leader by setting proper rules, boundaries and limitations.
- The importance of, and how to communicate with your dog in their language - body language and energy.
- How to address and rehabilitate any behavioral issues your dog may have.
- The proper way to walk your dog.
- The standard obedience commands of sit, down, stay, come.
In Module 2 we will teach you:
- how to maintain your strong pack leadership skills.
- how to take the standard obedience commands of “out-of-sight” sit-stay, down-stay to a new level.
- how to use the non-verbal hand signals for all of the standard obedience commands.
- how to fine-tune all of your skills as both pack leader and dog handler.
“This session has provided a better understanding of how my dog thinks and reacts in all situations. I am amazed by the progress realized in such a short time.” - Cameron H, Edmonton
“Our dogs did a 180 from the beginning of classes to the completion.” - Thomas I, St Albert
"The class was an excellent re-enforcement of the principles we learned from Cesar Millan and you helped us LEARN how to put Pack Leader techniques into practice for everyday life. Our dog has become calm-submissive and an excellent, fulfilled boy! I think most beneficial was at the first 2 classes the 'human training' and information (it set us up for success). The quality of the session is awesome." - Martina W, Edmonton
Please contact us for more information, session schedules and registration.
"Our dog Kojak was rescued as a puppy and was then badly attacked by another dog at 10 months of age. He developed severe fear aggression!! We cannot say enough about “The Urban Dog”. They are absolutely amazing!! Thank you so much Pam, Melissa and the other staff. Your techniques and exceptional care have been life-changing for Kojak and for our family." - Ann & Mike, St Albert
“I’m extremely grateful for the patience and extensive knowledge in the training of my dog’s aggression with other canines. Rogue has improved immensely and continues to do so!” - Susan M, Edmonton
Do you want your dog to stop jumping on people?
Do you want your dog to stop barking at everything that moves?
Do you want to have a stress-free walk with your dog?
Does your dog’s behaviour need modifying?
At The Urban Dog we will teach:
- How to become a strong pack leader using natural methods
- How to communicate with your dog in his/her language, so they can better understand what you are asking of them
- How to set rules, boundaries and limitations
- The proper way to walk your dog
- That safety must always come first with your dog
Many behavioural issues come from your dog having been put in a position of being the pack leader, which, most dogs do not want this position. When you and your family learn how to take the position of pack leader, you will watch your dog's behavioural issues quickly disappear.